We're 604,800 minutes (aka one week) out from Round 2 of the YA Crush Tournament!
We need to work really hard this week to rally up the troops to vote for Zachary when he faces Will Herondale on Wednesday, July 25. It's a David vs. Goliath meeting. A Rocky vs. Mr. T matchup. That one small school team vs. that BIG school team in the Final Four. Call it what you want. It's gonna be tough. BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
We refused to back down from the last opponent that people said we'd never beat and we stayed toe to toe with him the whole way through. When the other side called for more votes to keep Zachary down, we pushed back and closed the gap even tighter. We didn't back down then and we're not going to back down now. NFF, Team Kilt. N.F.F.
I've talked to 10 people over the past few days and got them excited about Zachary and Team Kilt. They'll be casting a vote (or two!) next Wednesday. Can you do the same? You may be surprised at how eager people are to help once you simply ask for it. I've done some number crunching folks. (My 10-Key is one of my favorite possessions.) If each Team Kilt member talks to 10 people we'd be able to get a ZILLION votes for Zachary. Ok, not a zillion but it might be just what we need to get that one vote we need to win. I know you can do this, Team Kilt. I bet you can think of 10 people to help us. Heck, I bet you can think of 13!
Remember when we said that there is A LOT planned for this next round in the tourney? Well, the fun starts today and doesn't stop until 12:01AM NEXT Thursday. Here's the Team Kilt "schedule of events" for the week. :)
1. Go sign up for Team Kilt HERE.
2. Tell the world that you support Zachary in the YA Crush Tourney. This can be done via Twitter, Facebook, your blog or a billboard alongside a busy highway. One lucky winner will get a 2012 Team Kilt Con T-Shirt! Fill out the Rafflecopter form below to be entered to win! (Open to all entrants with a US mailing address.) We'll announce the winner Thursday, July 26.
4. Spotlight on Team Kilt Members: We're in mad, crazy love with Team Kilt and we want the whole world to know how awesome you are! If you'd like to be featured as a Team Kilt member on Kilt & Keeley, a SHADE series fansite email us NOW. We're taking submissions until Saturday, July 21.
EDITED TO ADD: Submissions are now closed, but you should take 30 minutes to read through the fantastic interviews on www.kiltandkeeley.com.
5. Wishing Tree. In honor of the scene in SHINE that made Jen cry harder than any other in the history of literature, we have planted a virtual Hawthorn Wishing Tree. The tree is due to mature on Wednesday, July 25 at 12:01AM ET. At that time it will be open for you, Team Kilt, to hang things upon it and make your own wish. Maybe you'll wish for a life of peace for your loved one or grant a final wish for someone special in your life. Whatever you wish for, make it count. This virtual species of the Hawthorn Tree is known for making wishes come true.
Email your one sentence wish and an image to represent it to amyojens at gmail dot com between now and next Tuesday (July 24). We'll be placing your wishes on the Team Kilt Wishing Tree throughout the day of Zachary's 2nd round of the YA Crush Tournament.
6. Team Kilt Blog Hop. Karen at For What it's Worth will be hosting a very special Team Kilt Blog Hop starting Tuesday, July 24. Giveaways will be SHADE series related. We'll keep you updated with all the details as they become available. If you're a blogger and want to participate in the hop, send an email to Karen: fwiw.kea at gmail dot com. This is a great way to show your support of Team Kilt!
7. Continue to stalk (and repin!) the Team Kilt Pinterest Boards. Got something you want to share? Tweet them using the #TeamKilt hashtag or email them to us: teamkilt at kiltandkeeley dot com. We want to pin you!
8. VOTE FOR ZACH ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 25. at the YA Sisterhood blog. Voting starts at midnight Eastern Time. You can bet your bottom dollar that we'll be there at 12 bells. We'd love to see you there, too!
a Rafflecopter giveaway