Thursday, February 23, 2012

Book Review: A TOUCH MORBID by Leah Clifford


A Touch Morbid
Release Date:  February 28, 2012
Publisher:  Greenwillow
Format: ARC
Source:The fantastic Me, My Shelf and I 


Get it: Anderson's  BookshopAmazonB&N and don’t forget your local library!




Eden won the battle-she saved her true love from the darkest evil. But the war has only just begun. With secrets swirling around her, powerful allies unraveling, and life-and death-as she knows it eroding, Eden and those she loves tread dangerous ground. Can she trust anyone? Will her unearthly powers be her salvation or her downfall? A sweeping, dark, and sexy paranormal romance that will haunt readers with an inventive mythology and a cinematic New York City filled with shadows and longing.  (Summary from Goodreads)





Fictitious Delicious Rating: 4






Alright, first things first.  Leah Clifford has managed to make me crush on evil incarnate.  That’s something I just never really expected from myself.  I even showered in holy water after finishing this book, but my crush on Luke still lingers. Thanks, Leah. *sigh*

Back to our regularly scheduled review:

Fans of A Touch Mortal are going to enjoy this book immensely.  The same darkness from the first book of the series carries forward into its sequel.  Most of the characters return to deal with all the shizz that went down with you know who’s at you know where. (See? Spoiler free reviews are EASY)  What surprised me the most about this book is how my loyalties changed during one of the twists, or it may have been a turn, that Clifford threw in.
 
I adored Eden in A Touch Mortal. I fed off her anger and was completely on board with the decisions she made.  My heart ached for her. In A Touch Morbid? Not so much.  There were a few times when I kinda sorta wanted to ring her neck.  And Az, too.  I seriously think we should all chip in and send them both a copy of “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” with orders to go to their (separate) rooms until they’ve finished all 286 pages. I was a little frustrated, but I still hold out hope for them.

The twist comes along in the form of a once sharp, sassy Kristen who returns to us in a state we’ve only seen referenced before.  Her storyline progresses, or dare I say REgresses, down a path I found both frightening and exhilarating.  I hope she rules the world before this series is over.

Oh, and one last piece of advice: Watch your back while standing alone minding your own business in NYC subway stations, okay? Okay.

Oh, and one more last last thing. You have to see the trailers for this book. They're equal parts creepy and beautiful.  AND PATRICIA'S (from Two Chicks on Books) REVIEW IS BLURBED!  AAHHH!  I know someone famous!




Eden & Az's Trailer: You guys know how I feel about a boy in a knit cap, right? *thud*


Kristen's Trailer: Yeah, um.  I'm going to need some more holy water.  STAT.



6 comments:

  1. I know that so many people love these books, but I was just never able to connect to Eden. They were entertaining, though, and the ideas behind them are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know where you're coming from. It took me about halfway through ATM1 to really connect to her. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out our review!

      Jen

      Delete
  2. Aww, Jen...you totes rock!! I loved your review and you kept it very spoiler free. I am so not Team Luke but with him I always feel like I gotta bathe in holy water. muahahaha ;)

    -Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! I kept wondering what the heck Jaime and Rachel saw in Luke until one of THOSE scenes. I was kinda hooked after that.

      I seriously squee-ed when I saw your name on the blurb. SO COOL. Send me your autograph?

      <3 Jen

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! You are awesome! I love this review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I finished reading its preview and found out that my cousin is in their bookstore I asked her how good is the book, then she said it's perfectly great so I told her to buy the book for me. Then I found this blog, I have a feeling that it's really nice book, I'll read it later, after blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila